- Practice Areas
- About TLS
TransPerfect Releases GlobalLink 5.0 – the Industry's Most User-Friendly Translation Management Platform
Newest Version of World’s Most Popular TMS Includes Significant Improvements in Usability and Functionality
NEW YORK, NY, December 12, 2016 – TransPerfect, the world’s largest privately held provider of language and technology solutions for global business, today announced the release of GlobalLink 5.0, the newest version of its flagship translation and globalization management technology suite.
The GlobalLink suite, including its central workflow management module Project Director, has long been renowned for its modular and flexible architecture, its large number of third-party integrations and APIs, and its significant capacity to streamline the process of translating and reviewing multilingual content.
GlobalLink 5.0 includes a fully overhauled user interface designed to make even the most complex operations executable with just a couple of clicks or automated commands. By taking the field-proven GlobalLink suite functionality and marrying it to a slick, intuitive, and user-friendly interface, TransPerfect now offers its clients best-in-class performance in form, function, and everything in between. IT and tech-savvy super users will enjoy the breadth and depth of capabilities and customizations available, while business leaders and casual users will appreciate the software’s short learning curve and its ability to accept simple drag-and-drop commands.
Users familiar with previous GlobalLink platforms will immediately notice wholesale changes and improvements in GlobalLink 5.0, the biggest of which are:
- Freshly overhauled user interface – Users will enjoy a simple but powerful navigation experience. The biggest improvements in GlobalLink 5.0 are all about form and feel, allowing all users—from power to casual—to take full advantage of the cost savings, time efficiencies, and quality improvements that GlobalLink offers.
- Dynamic visual workflows with drag-and-drop editing – Customized workflows allow GlobalLink clients to ensure that the translation process best fits their internal structures and requirements. Other platforms require significant costs, ramp-up time, and training to implement special processes. GlobalLink 5.0 offers a drag-and-drop workflow modeler that makes the process of visualizing, testing, and installing customized workflows easy.
- Multitasking management with fully redesigned batch architecture – Incorporates significant scalability improvements in the form of simultaneous task management, including TM analysis and update, as well as machine translation. Tasks can be organized by priority thanks to the urgent-task prioritization and unified queue capabilities of the single-batch manager.
Other GlobalLink features have been streamlined, redesigned, and simplified, including:
- Full supply-chain integration – Manage quotes, approvals, and workflows for multiple linguistic resources in a single platform.
- Streamlined processes and commands – Most primary functions can be completed with one or a few clicks.
- In-context language review and preview – See and translate language within existing CMS and e-commerce platforms as well as most major file formats.
- Instant and customizable reporting – Review total spend, TM leverage, quality metrics, and turnaround times.
- Integrated, cloud-based translation memory – Improve quality while cutting translation costs and timelines, even with multiple translation resources.
- 40+ pre-built connectors – Off-the-shelf integrations are ready to use for leading CMS, e-commerce, database, PIM, and other content repositories.
“GlobalLink has been a pioneering technology since its launch in 1999, and this new release builds on that tradition with new features and improvements that keep it fresh and innovative,” said Phil Shawe, Co-CEO of TransPerfect. “I’m immensely proud of our global development team and thankful for our worldwide user community, all of whom have contributed to the process of bringing GlobalLink 5.0 to the market.”
TransPerfect Co-CEO Liz Elting remarked, “Strength, stability, and flexibility have been hallmarks of GlobalLink for nearly two decades, and these are features that our clients have told us time and again are important to them. We’re committed to continually innovating and advancing our technology, and our GlobalLink team has done a tremendous job in producing and delivering a product that will truly help our clients achieve their global goals.”
GlobalLink 5.0 is available starting today for all new clients, and is offered as a free upgrade for existing GlobalLink users.
First launched in 1999, TransPerfect’s GlobalLink Suite is a modular set of technology products designed to help organizations manage multilingual content more efficiently. GlobalLink includes solutions ranging from a simple, hands-off tool to quickly launch translated websites to an enterprise deployment capable of managing content across a wide range of platforms, languages, and vendors. Whether your requirements are simple or complex, GlobalLink offers a configuration that will help drive success. With more pre-built integrations for major CMS, e-commerce, PIM, database, and digital marketing platforms than any other solution, GlobalLink is the preferred choice of over 3,000 organizations worldwide to reduce the time, effort, and cost of global content strategies.
With annual revenues of more than $500 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest privately held provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in over 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. More than 3,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect’s GlobalLink® Product Suite to simplify management of multilingual content. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and EN 15038 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit our website at www.transperfect.com.